Whats this? helpcentre in progs folder???

AngeTheHippy 05:19 19 Feb 05

Morning Chaps, Just having a look around my PC (couldn't sleep..)and have found in my Programs folder a folder that I do not recognise. It's called helpcentre. Within this folder are 4 items: EHC, which says AutoPlay Media Studio 4.0 runtime. Indigo Roose Corporation. EHC.APM-apm file 1kb, EHC - this is a WinRar zip file. 19,506kb and data. Within this data file are: AMSLNG.9 9File,31kb, MENU1.BAH BAH file,17kb & MENU.BAL BAL file,4kb. When I opened the WinRar archive, I expanded one of the many entries. When it had unzipped, I got the 'Virus Detected' window (I'm using AVG, installed 2 days ago)and was given the choice of what to do with the file. I couldn't do ANYTHING with it - it wouldn't quarentine, delete, or anything. The message under the 'Virus Detected' heading was:

Warning: Hidden extension .shs.

Now, there are loads of folders within that hc2 folder, XP,Virus,USB,Software,PDF,images,image_devices,graphics,
glossary,firewall,display,disabled devices,data_storage,connecting,coms,CD_DVD,Audio
and _notes. I really dont remember this folder. Does anyone know what it is please? Is there REALLY a virus, or did AVG flag it as one because of this hidden file .SHS ?

Your help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…