Whats happening? NOW LAPTOP KEYBOARD!

AngeTheHippy 12:35 17 Nov 07

Crikey, I wish I didn't USE computers... Chaps, I've been using the Laptop since yesterday to get online because my Desktop PC is BSOD'ing all the time. I can't believe this - and I did a full sscan this am - the Keyboard on the laptop just is NOT WORKING properly! Never come acros this before, it seems to be a virus kind of behaviour. Hitting the m, j, k, l, o, i, u, 7, 8, 9 & 0 gives NOTHING at all. I did a restart and some of them returned, but some of them, k o l & m and typing as numerals!!! WHAT IS GOING ON?

Please if anyone has experienced this, could they tell me? I'm typing this via my BSOD PC - it's behaving at the moment, but don't know for how long.

AngeTheConfused,passed off,weary,annoyed,resigned-to-the-fact-I'm-too-old-for-this-caper-Hippy

xx

VoG II 12:37 17 Nov 07

It sounds like NumLock is on. There should be a Fn + Key combination to turn NumLock off.

AngeTheHippy 12:41 17 Nov 07

YOU LITTLE DARLIN' !!!!!!!!!!

I think I need a quiet laydown.

It WAS numbers locked....

Never had that before; you live n learn, live n' learn ....

Ange
x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
PS - Desktop still pretty poor shape though...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…