Whats a good WinXP book for beginner/intermediate?

AnthonyB 23:33 11 Mar 05

Hello,

My brother has just got a pc off me, and it is "windows xp home". I want to know what's the best book(s) around that tell you most. I've seen some "dummies" books from PC world and "easy Windows XP" etc, any of these good?

TIA

Anthony

TomJerry 23:35 11 Mar 05

the best way is just to click and experiment around and learn by experience

you will not break it unless you kick it

Jeffers22 23:55 11 Mar 05

The Dummies series are in fact very good and a worthwhile investment. TomJerry is right about experimentation being a key to learning, but there is nothing like formal instruction and a reference book to help the process along.

whatchamacallit 00:05 12 Mar 05

Microsoft WINDOWS XP INSIDE/OUT (deluxe edition)
You will get a good deal from click here

AnthonyB 00:29 12 Mar 05

Thanks guys, will take a closer look

Stuartli 10:35 12 Mar 05

The How to Do Everything with Windows XP (second edition), written by Curt Simmons, from Osborne at £16.99 is an excellent publication.

Your local library will probably have a copy - that's where I got mine and am able to renew it once a month; the service has enough copies to go round and therefore anyone ordering the book is quickly accommodated.

The How to Do Everything series is well written on a variety of computer related subjects.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…