What's a good, cheap anytime dial-up service?

DIYgirl 12:18 08 Sep 05

I need to sort myself out with a reasonable, cheap dial-up service, one with a flat-fee monthly charge for use at any time.

What do you all suggest? I've got a pay-as-you-go Wanadoo account at present, plus an Evemail/Unofon anytime account which I have not been able to get online with for the last few days and, as all their phone lines are now perpetually engaged I suspect it is yet another problem with them.

Taff36 12:41 08 Sep 05

click here BT Internet but you can get Broadband cheaper these days. Are you currently paying £15 for dial up? If so switch to broadband immediately. Post back and I`ll recommend PlusNet which is only £14.99 per month.

DIYgirl 13:48 08 Sep 05

Have a look at my postings re broadband at the start of 2005 if you fancy reading a tale of outrage and inadequacy: despite Wanadoo's assurances that we would get a good signal we just can't get it here, or I'd have it like a shot.

I pay Unofon/Evemail about £12 a month for dial-up but I think they've gone belly-up again. Do you rate BT's service?

jack 14:12 08 Sep 05

Try click here

Opensurf- £120 a year - 24/7 all the time.

Taff36 14:46 08 Sep 05

I have several friends that Ihave started on computing and set them up with BT dial up initially.Their amalgamation with Yahoo has produced excellent spam filters and there are no complaints! Broadband however is not cheapwith BT so I recommend PlusNet now. BT are pretty good and their service is straightforward although they do charge for assistance however their web support is excellent so you shouldn`t need it.

Peter 17:43 08 Sep 05

I've used V21 for some time now at £9.99 per month. They seem okay to me.

click here

Peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…