What's Going On?

Pesala 14:50 14 Nov 03

My table problems won't go away. click here This page looks fine now in IE when I publish it to my hard drive, but not on my webspace or on my NTL Homepage.

I've tried flushing my IE cache and refreshing the page repeatedly, but it is still wrong. Why?

Local Host: click here

Aimwell.org: click here

Sir Radfordin 16:43 14 Nov 03

As far as I can tell it looks like it should from my end. It may be that your ISP (NTL?) is caching pages that you are viewing.

Pesala 16:50 14 Nov 03

Refreshing a couple of times in quick succession has fixed it now at my end.

I read somewhere before about that caching by the ISP. I didn’t realise it would affect some users but not others.

Sir Radfordin 16:57 14 Nov 03

The pages one the web server are correct, but different ISPs will have their own cache. It can sometimes take a while to flush out the old pages to get the new version.

May be worth checking to see if you have a proxy set up anywhere (tools/internet options in IE) that you can remove. It may slow down the serving of pages to you but you are unlikely to notice.

tbh72 22:17 14 Nov 03

If you press & hold CTRL + F5 your pages will be refreshed from the server and NOT from the cache.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…