Whats the difference between XP Home and Pro

SpyMan²°°­­³ 17:59 04 Feb 03

I have WindowsXP Home edition installed on my machine at the moment and was just wondering what was the difference between the 2. I am thinking of purchasing the Pro version as i can get hold of it for £35.....

And NO, it isn't pirate!!

One of the few benefits of being a student is, is that i get most software very cheap from Uni. I purchased OfficeXP Pro the other day for £35 too. Not bad eh?

« Ravin » 18:06 04 Feb 03
  powerless 18:08 04 Feb 03

Googles good aint?

Kegger 18:08 04 Feb 03

the main difference are networking abilities that are in pro but not home, think like that pro is desgined for companies and home is for home! you also got remote desktop in pro but not in home, there are a few more bits and bobs but these are the main ones

« Ravin » 18:15 04 Feb 03

lol actually i used to visit this site a lot especially when i first installed xp and i specifically bookmarked the above link since this question has come up lots of times.

« Ravin » 18:20 04 Feb 03

but i did find initially through google. what would we do without it?

SpyMan²°°­­³ 18:39 04 Feb 03

Just wondering if any of you know how to have my uni emails redirected to my usual mail handler...Yahoo.

Any of you know how to do it? Help would be appreciated

SpyMan²°°­­³ 18:59 04 Feb 03

whoops...that was supposed to be a new thread

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…