whats the difference between an mmsh:// and mms:// address?

theDarkness 21:11 07 Jul 10

Whats the difference between mms:// and mmsh://?
I ask this as some webcam links I connect to online use mmsh://, and can have trouble viewing, unlike mms:// which usually runs fine on most browsers that run the webcams from wmp or similar players. thsnks for any info

Forum Editor 23:55 07 Jul 10

It's a protocol for streaming content over a network. MMSH is a modified version of it.

This subject can get horribly complex; suffice it to say you should be able to watch MMSH streams in Windows Media Player.

theDarkness 23:06 08 Jul 10

yeah, sites using mms and mmsh run ok in wmp. I also have a mobile device to view-some earthcam addresses have now changed from mms to mmsh, and dont work when clicking on them straight from their original websites, which had worked before ok. Its only when I type out a cam link directly (adding the extra "h" to update to the new address) that everything works again).

I wondered why some webcam sites may change to mmsh, when nothing noticable has been modified.
Perhaps my problem clicking on the new webcam mmsh links was more of an issue related to my mobile not supporting the latest flash, since the cams work when typing the addresses out. Ive updated it on the pc, no problems in my browsers now.

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017