Whats the difference between the Asus P5Q SE &

Audio~~Chip 17:41 21 Aug 09

Asus P5Q SE Plus motherboard please.

Been trying all day to see what this is

Audio~~Chip 17:49 21 Aug 09

to the equation P5Q SE2 which maybe a new revision I am not sure. Has anyone been looking onto this motherboard and had the same problem like me finding out why the Plus or 2

GaT7 18:02 21 Aug 09

P5Q SE click here | P5Q SE Plus click here | P5Q SE2 click here

If you visit all the above & click on the 'Add To Compare List' button on each link & then 'Compare Now' you can view an easy side-by-side comparison.

You're right, there's very little between them, with the Plus edition boasting a '8-Phase Power Design' (under 'ASUS Unique Features') that the other two don't seem to possess.....

"8-Phase Power Design

Builds a steadier power supply environment and generates less heat.

ASUS 8-Phase Power Design keeps CPU and power module away from suffering risk of high power stress, which makes CPU lifetime much longer and system more stable. With High quality power components such as low RDS (on) MOSFETs for minimum switching loss & lower temperatures, Ferrite core chokes with lower hysteresis loss and high quality conductive polymer capacitors, it provides high efficiency operation to generate less heat than conventional power solutions and consequently achieve cool system environment."

You may compare more in the P5Q range (33 in total) by visiting click here, opening them in individual pages & doing as above. G

Audio~~Chip 18:40 21 Aug 09

and detailed info on this, amazed how much you know. Really you should be a Mfr Computer parts.

GaT7 19:01 21 Aug 09

Glad to help Audio~~Chip :-).

I don't think I know very much to be honest, but I'm fairly good at doing searches for stuff like this ;-), G

Audio~~Chip 20:06 21 Aug 09

Er think I spelt that wrong, I have been in a flap picking the parts for this machine, not sure if its right yet. Reading reviews of each part drives me mental.

Maybe I get their in the end.

I amd Not convinced spending £35 on a HSF is required as I am not overclocking. But I do need to get a fairly quiet effective HSF, PSU & ATI PCI-Express graphics card maybe with connection for a HDMI screen depends on price.

GaT7 20:32 21 Aug 09

Scan are doing a MSI P45 Zilent motherboard (click here) + Zalman H/S combo for under £66 click here (& scroll down a little) - it comes with a nice Zalman Aero Flower-cooler. That's your motherboard & quiet+quality CPU cooler taken care of in one go!

For the price, click on the 'BUY' link there & get free delivery with Scan via click here (easier) or click here. G

Audio~~Chip 00:53 22 Aug 09

Will have a look on Saturday, seems to be a good saving also.

Audio~~Chip 01:19 22 Aug 09

You too modest, I think is what they say.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant