Whats the difference between............

silas.b 22:30 24 Feb 03

hi guys and gals,
i was just wandering what the difference was between original company ink and 3rd party ink.
is there any?
i thought that u maybe get a smaller amount of ink in the cartridge?

User-312386 22:33 24 Feb 03

i have been using non manufacturer cartridge for years now click here

No difference in printing and they dont skmp on the filling either

I use my printer for a lot of photo printing as well

madboy33

silas.b 22:36 24 Feb 03

thanks madboy33,
is choice stationery the best place 2 buy cartridges then?

Cordy13 22:36 24 Feb 03

If you listen to the manufacturers of the proprietary brands, cheap i.e inexpensive, inks will invalidate your warranty.

Well they would say that, wouldn't they when they are flogging you a £29.99 replacement which you can get for less than a quarter of that!

User-312386 22:44 24 Feb 03

you will find that everyone has there own preferences for non manufacturer cartridge, but i have used choice for 2 years now and had no problems with them

madboy33

The PC Doctor 22:53 24 Feb 03

For what it's worth this is what I do....

Buy a new ink cartidge for my HP720C. When it runs out I re-fill it myself using a re-fill pack.

When it runs out again I throw it and buy a new one again.

Have been doing this for the past 2 years without any problems at all. One of these days I'm going to try 2 re-fills before I throw !

hoverman 06:20 25 Feb 03

Choice Stationary every time for me for compatibles.

Andsome 08:44 25 Feb 03

If you are happier using original cartridges, as a good many contributors to the site are, try click here , they are very well thought of on this site, and you will not pay VAT, and also pay a lot less than list price. They are based in Guernsey.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…