What's a card reader please

Halmer 11:45 29 Dec 03

as I have been told to get one to use with my new camera.

Chegs ® 11:47 29 Dec 03

Its a box of tricks that you put the memory card from a digi camera into,saves time extracting pics from camera.

Jester2K 11:50 29 Dec 03

What camera and why were you told to get a Card Reader? Might not be necessary!

Salinger 11:51 29 Dec 03

It is also connected via USB and is far more reliable for transferring images to the PC.

If you accidentally or on purpose delete an image that you later wish you hadn't this little program will recover them all. click here

Halmer 11:51 29 Dec 03

The camera is a Kodak DX6440.

I posted a thread a week or so back asking for help in deciding which camera to have off santa.

Salinger 11:54 29 Dec 03

oops, wrong link (although you will find it on that thread) click here

Halmer 11:54 29 Dec 03
  Jester2K 11:55 29 Dec 03

You'll only need a card reader if you have problems getting the pictures off the camera in the first place. I would suggest if you have difficulty ask here for advise on how to do it then if its still a problem get a card reader.

Isn't Santa nice?

Halmer 11:59 29 Dec 03

for the type of use I will put it to - pictures of my lad playing footie, the dog etc. No doubt it will be available at around a third of the cost in about three months but that's life eh!

Just hope it doesn't appear on my next Visa statement and there really is a Santa Claus.

Halmer 12:01 29 Dec 03

and a slot for a further card (I assume that most of them are built like this now).

How much will I have to pay for say 64MB extra and where is the best place to get it from?

Jester2K 12:09 29 Dec 03

The card reader can only be used for any extra cards you load in so it can't be used yet anyway.

From click here

"The DX6440 Zoom comes with 16MB of internal memory and is equipped with a SD/MMC card slot that accepts any capacity SD or MMC flash card."

Ok "the best place" changes from week to week as prices vary. best to shop around but look at Dixons or 7dayshop

SmartMedia 128Mb £25.99 + £1.99 P&P click here

64Mb is £12.19 + £1.99

However i would advise getting the biggest card you can afford. As i found out on Xmas Day this year I wasn't allowed anywhere near the PC even to download the excessive numbers of photos on my 128Mb XD card...

I'm not sure about MMC cards or any pros and cons of either... Might be worth starting a new thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…