Whats better for Browser Hijak Protection...

HOT BOT 12:59 17 Apr 04

I have ad-aware, spybot, spyware blaster and Spyware guard installed. I installed Spyware guard as it has a Anti-hijack protection, but then I heard of a new prog called StartPage guard, I was wandering which one is better out of the two for protection. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Regards Hot bot.

VoG II 13:18 17 Apr 04

Start page guard isn't exactly new. It allows you to lock your home page and you can change it in there and there are various other options. Spywareguard works more like a virus scanner. click here

HOT BOT 14:16 17 Apr 04

Thanks, so there different from each other, but so shall i install both or keep one or the other? Thanks again.

VoG II 14:17 17 Apr 04

I've got both and they co-exist quite happily.

HOT BOT 14:24 17 Apr 04

Thanks again VoG, I am about to install it from the cover disc.

HOT BOT 14:34 17 Apr 04

Vog when i installed and when online, its all these messages came up saying your search page has been changed and stuff and now when i went into Startpage it says in the box at he bottom that you search page has been changed , also VoG what stuff do you have to tick?

VoG II 16:40 17 Apr 04

Tick "Revert to selected without notification" and the alerts should stop. I do not get these.

HOT BOT 12:07 18 Apr 04

K thanks VoG that has stopped them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…