whats the best software to own?

Mad Boy 17:41 19 Jan 03
  Mad Boy 17:41 19 Jan 03

im doing a survey on "whats the best software to own"

Your thoughts please, also please give prices if needed.

Thanks

-pops- 17:42 19 Jan 03

Legal, aboveboard, legitimate software.

Brian

Elrond 17:44 19 Jan 03

Are you after particular categories of software?

Mad Boy 17:44 19 Jan 03

haha, maybe ill post this somewhere else

Mad Boy 17:51 19 Jan 03

no, i just wanto to see what people opinions are and what software they find to be the most useful really. Not important i guess

Gongoozler 18:07 19 Jan 03

Mad Boy, after the operating system, I think every pc has to have an office suite, then to me the most important is a graphics package. I have CorelDraw 7. It cost an arm and a leg back in 1996, it is full of bugs, but I still find it indispensable.

Djohn 18:16 19 Jan 03

After the o/s, word processor, database, spreadsheet, (Don't need to be top range)dictionary, knowledge base program of some sort, Route finder, DTP, (Publisher or Serif), anti virus, PS Pro, plus any printer/scanner/CD software you require.

misters 19:02 19 Jan 03

I would sau after the OS a good anti virus, office suit and of course a good graphics package as mentioned serif pretty ok and not to expensive.

Foolsbane_1 19:40 19 Jan 03

This got me thinking and it occurred to me that, after all the obvious things such as Operating System, Browser, Email client, Anti-virus/Firewall/Security, WP, DTP etc., the software I use most -- and find most useful -- is my Password Manager, AnyPassword ( click here ).

Roger_124 19:47 19 Jan 03

Utilities that make life simple.

Atomic Clock Sync
Shove-it which keeps your windows on screen
Paintshop Pro

Hobby software
Guessestimator_401 to download 1901 Census data.

Palm Desktop, even i you don't have a PDA
PowerDesk
Autoroute Express

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…