whats best setup bt2091 router on ethernet or

frankie 20:17 04 May 06

whats best setup bt2091 router on ethernet or wireless on a belkin g desktop network card high speed mode 125 80211g/80211b whatever those figures mean>just gone bt up to 8meg broadband so router is new not sure whether i need to put in wireless card,i can connect ok with ethernet on router so thats not a prob,thanks for looking

phil46 21:46 04 May 06

I use a Speadtouch Ethernet router never had a problem,i first used a Netgear wireless router
it would work well for two or three days then without warning the green LED would turn to amber limited connection could never find the reason for it doing that so got rid of it.

mgmcc 00:44 05 May 06

A "wired" ethernet connection will always be more reliable than a "wireless" one, but your Belkin wireless adapter should work OK with the BT router. However, as with all of the "High Speed" wireless hardware, the higher speed can only be obtained with kit from the same manufacturer. In other words, the Belkin card will operate as a standard 802.11g card at 54Mbps unless used with a Belkin '125' router.

frankie 07:09 05 May 06

ok many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…