What's the best RSS reader to use?

Markaps 13:13 20 Oct 04

Hi Folks

I am searching for a reliable RSS reader. I want the reader to be fully independent - no integration with Outlook! I want it to be able to open all news content and other feeds itself - no defaulting to opening I.E. to display content. I also do not want it to 'interfere' with I.E., the way some do.

I have tried several readers so far - Aggie, AmphetaDesk, FeedDemon, FeedReader, NewzCrawler, Pluck, RSSReader, RSSBandit, RSSOwl and SharpReader.

The best reader I have found so far is RSSReader, but it, along with all the others, struggles with the television feeds from Reuters.com, which are one of the main feeds I want. RSSReader was the only reader that could actually display the feed without falling over the first time. However, after a while it would open the feed, then freeze (BTW I have a fast connection). I am almost prepared to use RSSReader for news content and a seperate reader for the TV feed.

Does anyone know of a reliable, robust RSS reader? One which does not rely on other windows components such as Outlook? I would like to hear from you if you do...

JonnyTub 13:29 20 Oct 04

Haven't tried them, don't really know what they are but here's a selction. hth. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…