What's the best possible system for £1500

topoftherange 11:32 12 Nov 04

I am in desperate need for a new PC and currently have an itchy hand holding onto a credit card.

I don't need a monitor as I already have a 19" decent TFT to use. So the rest of the money would be for the system.

I want it to run games like Football Manager with ease, but also I am doing a degree so it must be good for all the other jobs I throw at it.

Trouble is I just can't decide on what processor, i have always had pentium, never used AMD (not for any reason).

Been reading up on the AMD FX processor but is it really worth having it or is there equivalents that do as good a job cheers.

I also will have loads of Music files Video files etc.

topoftherange 11:35 12 Nov 04

Sorry I forgot to say I won't be building it from scratch as I have no clue what to do so any reliable places to buy would be great.

Basically I want it to do anything that I chuck at it with no hassle.

Any suggestions???

Noelg23 11:54 12 Nov 04

well I'll say right now you wont be needing processors like the AMD FX series, the Athlon XP and new Semprons are what you really want...I have sent you an email...so please reply back to me via email and tell me what you think...

Noelg23 11:54 12 Nov 04

well I'll say right now you wont be needing processors like the AMD FX series, the Athlon XP and new Semprons are what you really want...I have sent you an email...so please reply back to me via email and tell me what you think...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…