Whats the best free video editing software for windows 8 ?

barryg84 21:23 PM 17 Feb 13

Hi all i need a good video editing software for windows 8 64 bit is there anything good out there better than windows movie maker? im going to be making slideshows , changing colour on video adding songs , text etc hope someone can help thanks in advance

Terry Brown 09:48 AM 18 Feb 13

To do what you are asking, will require more facilities than any free software (That I know of) has.

Personally I use Pinnacle 12 - Old now but it does what I need it to, however "Changing colour on video", I think will require a professional /semi-profession package.

Terry

Secret-Squirrel 10:15 AM 18 Feb 13

" is there anything good out there better than windows movie maker?"

Barry, I've just had a quick look at Windows Live Movie Maker and it would appear to suit your requirements. You can download it from here.

benlinus 12:25 PM 01 Apr 13

VirtualDub – is a video capture and processing utility designed for frame capture of video files only. It is the best at processing AVI files and can only read but not write MPEG-1 formats. It also does not possess advanced editing capabilities like Adobe Premiere Pro. Overall, this app is not as good as EZVID again because of its very limited functionality – we are looking for app right now that can almost do a variety of tasks in one software we call an “all-in-one” app pack.

altarvic 19:26 PM 19 Jun 13

Almost all free video editors are garbage... except Blender :) Recently I switched to AVS video editor and happy about it!

Woolwell 19:34 PM 19 Jun 13

This MoviePlus Starter will not do all that you require eg changing colour unless you mean transitions but is a reasonable starter package.

lotvic 20:42 PM 19 Jun 13

Definitely SPAM from altarvic

FE Informed

altarvic 16:06 PM 20 Jun 13

ok, Windows Movie Maker is the best of the best! Is this spam?

altarvic 16:12 PM 20 Jun 13

lotvic 18:23 PM 20 Jun 13

altarvic, don't play at silly beggers.

You join forum and your post Yesterday at 7:26PM is your first post and contains a link to a program to purchase. You cannot be serious attempting to suggest that your advice should be trusted.

lotvic 18:41 PM 20 Jun 13

Before anyone posts on this thread please note the date February 17, 2013

This is an OLD Thread dragged up by Spammers

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites