Whats the best free Antispyware protection?

SB23 17:04 11 Aug 07

The reason I ask is, I stopped using Windows Defender a while ago because of its low rate of detection, well, thats what I had read.
Immediately after uninstalling I put Spyware Terminator on, but today, same as before, its turning off, realtime protection won't work, and I've had enough of fighting with it.

Are there any others that forum users can suggest, that are free, and come with realtime protection, or is it worth re-installing Windows Defender?

Thanks.

Steve

wjrt 17:16 11 Aug 07
  SB23 17:30 11 Aug 07

Lol, I posted to that.

I quite like the sound of A squared, but I don't think it has realtime protection, does it?

Belatucadrus 18:19 11 Aug 07

The only other freebie I know of with real time protection is WinCleaner AntiSpyware click here

Fingees 18:32 11 Aug 07

I use spyware terminator.

click here

Totally-braindead 18:47 11 Aug 07

I use Superantispyware.

SB23 19:00 11 Aug 07

Is it any good, and is realtime protection really neccessary in an antispyware program?

mfletch 19:03 11 Aug 07

Hi SB23, Your Anti Virus program provides your realtime protection,

If you want more protection!

I would re download windows defender and add these,

1/ Spywareblaster click here

SpywareBlaster doesn't scan and clean for so-called spyware - it prevents it from being installed in the first place

2/ Spybot search and destroy. beta. click here

Teatimer/ scan of the files associated with registry changes.

3/ Superantispyware {SAS} click here

It has not got any real time scanning but in my opinion is the best FREE Antispyware program,

Hope this has helped you.

mfletch.

mfletch 19:08 11 Aug 07

Hi dont know what happened to the link???

Spywareblaster click here

mfletch 2nd try

Halmer 21:38 11 Aug 07
  Belatucadrus 22:15 11 Aug 07

My weapon of choice is Spyware Terminator, but that doesn't offer realtime protection on W9X systems and that's where I generally install WinCleaner AntiSpyware. I've not tested it with malware, but all I can say is that on my old W98 PC it appears to be doing the job.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac