Whats the best DVD to divx / xvid program?

theDarkness 00:09 03 Feb 05

Ive tried Gordian Knot which is great but for full screen movies I want to watch on my pc, but Ive heard there are better programs out there which will give a better screen update- any suggestions? Ive tried Doctor DivX it isnt as good, and unlike GK isnt even freeware..! :(

LeadingMNMs 09:20 03 Feb 05

Not sure if it will meet your requirements, but Video Lan plays most files and is free click here

LeadingMNMs 09:23 03 Feb 05

Sorry, ignore that, completely miss read the post.

Chezdez 09:27 03 Feb 05

sorry, exactly what are you watching? DVD's copied to your harddrive? downloaded films?

Stuartli 10:00 03 Feb 05

I realise this is the opposite way to what you are requesting, but it may still be of interest to some, especially as its free (DivXToDVD. Also CopytoDVD):

click here

rickf 10:14 03 Feb 05

DR. Dix. It an excellent program. Get the free version. I found it to be sufficient for my needs.

rickf 10:15 03 Feb 05

Sorry, seems you have tried it already. I am surprised by your experience of it.

theDarkness 18:15 03 Feb 05

Im encoding my own movies so I can watch them on my pc- just something I picked up after finding out about divx. Ive noticed more software (particulary games) are using it now for fmv rather than mpeg or quicktime as the quality is much better.

Gordian Knot does a good job but isnt brilliant at full screen encoding (tv progs mainly rather than movies) but Im probably being too fussy. Its just that you need to encode at a low resolution to get a good quality of motion on screen- not a problem with something such as South Park for example, looking at the animation! Everything else not as good... I tried Dr DivX which was alot less technical than GK but the results are pretty poor, even with widescreen movies (smaller screen=better updating). Thanks for the response anyway, cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…