//some 3rd party need geo

Whats the best Computer mag out there

Doire_Bhoy 11:39 05 Oct 05

Only recently started buying PC Answers mag. Very good freebies in it and some good articles. Any other good ones to buy?

nelie 11:41 05 Oct 05

this is by far the best

johnnyrocker 11:42 05 Oct 05

indeedy.(bit odd posting the question in this mags forum)

johnny.

Doire_Bhoy 11:46 05 Oct 05

Apart from this mag of course ;)

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:47 05 Oct 05

It is pointless asking this question as it will vary from person to person. Browse through the mags in Tesco's and see what you like.

G

woodchip 12:10 05 Oct 05

Way back in 1995 after buying my first computer a Pentium 60 I started buying "PCA mag" and although I don't buy as many mag's today it still provides Info that can helpful to learners. I am more selective now as I have got more knowledgeable checking what's on the Mag Discs and contents of the mag's I also get "PCW mag" I find that very informative.

And must not leave this Site out as being Helpful. And cost's nothing only to log on.

Meshuga 12:46 05 Oct 05

Might as well go into Tesco and ask them what they think the best supermarket is.

Skills 13:02 05 Oct 05

I've actually just cancelled my PCA subscription, I found the content was getting less and less interesting for me each to their own thou. This forum is excellent thou and really is the best i've found for computer related issues.

As has been said what mag you buy is down to personal taste, it will depend on the type of content you require.

Batch 13:10 05 Oct 05

Most of the mags have special subscription offers at one time or another.

PCadvisor's is currently 3 copies for £1 (see side banner or click here) , thereafter £9.99 per quarter, but you can cancel after the 1st 3 issues. Payment is via Direct Debit, so you can easily cancel with your Bank even if PCAdvisor ignore your notification.

Try the various PC mags' websites for their offers and you can probably give most of them a trial run, at your leisure, for next to nothing.

Skills 13:16 05 Oct 05

PC Pro are doing 3 dvd issues for a £1 at the mo if you quote offer code CO511G there subs website is click here after that its £19.99 every 6 issues

Belatucadrus 14:34 05 Oct 05

Depends what you want, PCPro for example appeals to a different demographic than say PCAdvisor or PCPlus.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…