whats the best antivirus software

alan mac33 21:10 14 Apr 04

can anyone reccomend a good antivirus software , i am running xp , i have tried panda , but it is expensive to buy

johnnyrocker 21:12 14 Apr 04

click here free avg used by most of the forum users.

byfordr 21:42 14 Apr 04

No problems with Norton... click here Just picked a copy of systemworks pro for £16 Ordered on a Friday, delivered on the Saturday.

Sebby 00:35 15 Apr 04

As already mentioned by johnnyrocker, AVG is an excellent free antivirus. Personally, I prefer Norton as I feel it's a much 'stronger' antivirus than AVG, but it does cost...

johnnyrocker 00:40 15 Apr 04

i have concerns about norton because it tends to be too constrictive about what it will allow and requires very careful configuration apart from the possibility of it being so big it manages to slow systems.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 00:43 15 Apr 04

I like AVG used it for ever and its done a good job for me,but the best tool you can have for virus controll is common sense.

Gaz 25 00:46 15 Apr 04

1) What is the best Antivirus?

There is no best!

2) How can you find information on viruses and antivirus packages:

click here

3) Whats best in my opinion? And what do I use?

I use Panda Antivirus, does the job for me. Removes viruses automatically without hogging CPU like rivals.

4) Where can I get Panda Antivirus?

click here and at click here

johnnyrocker 00:55 15 Apr 04

great bit of advertising ;)

Gaz 25 01:55 15 Apr 04

Did I mention I work for an advertising company?

LOL.. only joking.

Yeah, suppose it is really. lol

Gaz 25 01:56 15 Apr 04

Only just noticed, it really is a sly peice of advertising.

Anyway, to through the boat a bit: Try Nod32 > Never missed a virus in the wild!

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:33 15 Apr 04

'Anyway, to through the boat a bit: Try Nod32 > Never missed a virus in the wild!'

*cough* 19. NodIce (Nod32) version 1.405 - 74.29%

*cough*........click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…