What's an AEA exchange? (Broadband)

961 14:08 26 Oct 05

I suggested my pal signed up with my ISP for broadband because his exchange was going to be broadband enabled

After a long wait he has received this:

"I'm afraid I have some bad news for you

You are at what we call an AEA exchange. This means that BT decided it was not worth their time and money to make your exchange broadband capable. Another ISP stepped in and paid for the exchange to be broadband enabled and as a result only they can provide broadband to the people on this exchange. We don't have any way of telling who this ISP is. You will have to call BT on 150 to find out who the ISP is you will need to work with"

Anyone come across this before or know anything about it?

johnnyrocker 14:26 26 Oct 05

it is probably bulldog but cannot be sure your friend will need to ring 150 as it says i dont know what area you refer to but it would seem that the exchange has an insufficient subscriberage to make it worth their while and have franchised it out to highest bidder.

johnny.

anchor 14:28 26 Oct 05

A(DSL) Exchange Activate.

It seems, as have been told, that it is not worth BT spending money in upgrading the exchange. They feel there is insufficient demand. In some areas local community groups have then paid for it, or in others, an ISP.

961 14:37 26 Oct 05

BT have been paid to upgrade by Scottish Executive. So why can't you choose or retain your existing ISP?

961 18:47 26 Oct 05

^

961 15:22 27 Oct 05

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…