Whatdo I need to play DVDs via my DVD ROM drive

wobblymike 22:02 30 Oct 03

I have just fitted a DVD ROM drive to my PC (running XP Pro) I understand I need some DVD software before I can play a DVD. Can anyone advise me what I need and is it available for download or do I have to buy it commercially. Thanks
Mike

RJKnight 22:07 30 Oct 03

You're in need of a DVD Decoder. There is such a program available for Windows Media Player but I've had incredible trouble locating it so I downloaded the trial of DirectDVD.

The program looks good but it needs to be purchased to be of any use as the trial only allows 5 minutes of playback. It's worth getting the trial anyway to see if you like the program.

Ciaran

dfghjkl 22:11 30 Oct 03

i got "power dvd" with my dvd player but it was packaged as "free software" i would recomend it it also allows you to use windows media player and real player to view dvd,s.i am sure i have seen it as a free download,maybe from download.com or even the power dvd web site,i have also seen software on a magazine freebie.i am sure google will throw up some suggestions.

Proxy Worm 22:18 30 Oct 03

You need a programme to run it of, I would reccomend Power DVD or WINDVD player. There are free ones like click here. Look through that list or pay for one.

wobblymike 22:33 30 Oct 03

gentlemen

thank you very much indeed I have found a copy of power dvd on e bay I will try and get it. Thanks again
Mike

keenan 22:35 30 Oct 03

Power dvd click here scroll down or click here for a free one.hav,nt used it personally.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…