What is yiesrvc.dll it's halting my I.E

mrnebb 22:55 14 Oct 05

I keep getting the msg

Internet Explorer has encountered with an add-on and needs to close.

The following add-on was running when the problem occured.

yiesrvc.dll
Yahoo inc.
Yahoo! Services.

The instruction at "Ox62308d19" referenced memory at "Ox01b72094". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program.

and also

The instruction at "Ox7c9105f8" referenced memory at "Ox01b70010". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program.

When i click OK I.E. closes down. This happens when i am trying to search and also when trying to go into Yahoo games..... Please help cos i'm not really PC savvy and haven't a clue.

thanx

woodchip 23:12 14 Oct 05

Go into Servises and Stop Messenger running. Also check hear click here

Nellie2 00:56 15 Oct 05

If the repair of IE doesn't work then open IE, go to tools > manage add ons and you should be able to disable the Yahoo BHO from there.

mrnebb 10:17 15 Oct 05

Ok i tried the repair and it didn't work and if i took off the add-on then yahoo mail won't work...... this is really annoying

Nellie2 11:04 15 Oct 05

Have you tried uninstalling the Yahoo Browser, rebooting and then re-installing with a fresh download?

mrnebb 10:23 16 Oct 05

Thanx for all the help nellie2, woodchip, I uninstalled all yahoo products and then started them up again, i then did the same thing with JAVA, this worked so maybe for future reference it was just the java that needed to be re-installed.

Thanx again for ur input, and if ur ever in Yahoo pool then look me up for a few games.

mrnebb01

:o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…