what is (wuxat.exe)

cayotte 00:17 06 May 04

every time i restart my computer ad-watch alarm goes of with message (new data wuxat.exe)what is that

hugh-265156 00:51 06 May 04

google threw up two pages click here and a pcadvisor page for wuxat.exe.

cannot find any other info for adaware,adwatch throwing this up sorry.

is adaware all up to date and have you run a scan?

hugh-265156 00:54 06 May 04

PCA page was for graphics card reviews??

:-)

JEFFMONS 01:28 06 May 04

have no idea how to get it of my computer! every time I delete it from the registry editor it comes back.

hugh-265156 01:48 06 May 04

any listing of it in:

start/run type msconfig and the click the start up tab

if so try unticking it.

try disabling system restore and run an up to date antivirus program and delect it if found.

not sure if its a virus or adware/spyware etc.

Gandalph 02:28 06 May 04

Try searching your machine with Find>Files and Folders to see if it comes up with anything. Also try the Find facility in your Registry.

johnykat 02:37 06 May 04

Came across wuxat.exe after something I downloaded disappeared on me as soon as I highlighted it and then the next thing I know Zone Alarm pops up asking for access for this program and I denied it. It shows up twice in the registry after deleting the two keys and restarting I was able to delete this program. 3 different virus programs did not detect anything. I am just curious as to what this program really is and what it was doing on my system..
john

RevHed 10:32 06 May 04

I don't know what it does but it executes every time you start windows. It is a hidden file so click My Computer then Tools and Folder Options and then View then click the check box to show all files and folders. Once you have done that click Start and then search and enter in the search fiel wuxat and once found delete the .exe folder.

johnnyrocker 13:09 06 May 04

it was indeed huggy (on reflecyion it might have been motherboards;)

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…