What is WU temp

willhay 09:18 01 Jan 04

I have partitioned drive on my PC and in various partitions I have the folder called WU temp it is empty, but before I delete it does anyone know what it is and is is it safe to delete

Stuartli 09:23 01 Jan 04

Sounds like something to do with WindowsUpdate and the updating file required for checking what updates may be necessary....

willhay 09:26 01 Jan 04

The folders are on different drives to the operating system as I have 2 HD's so why would windows put them there and also I have auto updates off as I am fed up with windows clogging me up with updates I dont want

Gongoozler 09:34 01 Jan 04

I guess that is just another of the mysteries of Windows. It has probably put them there just in case a temporary holding folder is needed in the future. If they are empty, they will be taking negligible disk space, so you could leave them and see if anything appears in them in the future.

willhay 09:37 01 Jan 04

Well bit the bulet and deleted them, i'll leave the thread running for a few more hours just in case anyone else knows more about them or anything happens to the PC

Terrahawk 09:43 01 Jan 04

i would assume WU temp would be the temporary download folder for windows updates once instalation is complete it then clears the folder

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…