What is wrong with IE 11?

john bunyan 17:30 21 Jan 14
Answered

I have always used IE, and still do. I have looked at Firefox and Chrome, but cannot see what is wrong with IE11.

I would be interested to know the advantages of the alternatives as experienced by Forum members.

mart7 17:45 21 Jan 14

+1 for me,always used ie no problems,tried chrome,just prefer ie

Woolwell 18:46 21 Jan 14

I quite like IE11. I don't think that there is anything really wrong with it. Chrome may be slightly faster at loading webpages.

I keep IE11, Chrome and Firefox on my desktop and switch between them as the mood takes me.

rdave13 19:32 21 Jan 14

Always use IE but have Firefox as stand-by.

BRYNIT 19:35 21 Jan 14

I used to use IE11 and still do sometimes but due to the amount of add I change to Firefox as it had a free add blocker.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:17 21 Jan 14

Since Opera started using the Chromium engine, instead of Opera Software's own Pronto engine, thus improving website compatibility, IE is used by me only very rarely.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:19 21 Jan 14

I meant to add: I find that IE is rather poor, Microsoft should do better.

john bunyan 20:47 21 Jan 14
Answer

"I meant to add: I find that IE is rather poor, Microsoft should do better."

As far as I can tell, I have had no problems with IE 11, so not sure what exactly is "rather poor"

I note the responses, and do try Chrome occasionally, but as I seem to have no problems associated with IE, I shall continue with it whilst trying the others from time to time. Thanks for all the responses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac