What is wrong with Hotmail?

pj123 14:36 22 Oct 05

Just tried to set up a Hotmail account for someone but no go.

Entered an email name and clicked on "Check Availability" but nothing happens. Also when clicking on the down arrow on the "Country/Region" drop down menu there is nothing there.

Same with the drop down menu on "Question" there is nothing there.

In fact there is nothing available on any of the drop down menus.

Is Hotmail still available?

VoG II 14:37 22 Oct 05

There appear to be problems click here

pj123 15:01 22 Oct 05

Thanks VoG™. My own Hotmail address is working fine. I can receive and send emails from my Hotmail account. Just can't seem to set up an account for someone else.

Meshuga 16:10 22 Oct 05

I`ve just got straight in again with no trouble.

pj123 16:15 22 Oct 05

OK, Hotmail account is now setup.

Now need to get it synchronised in OE. My own Hotmail account shows folders "Inbox", "Sent Items", "Deleted Items", "Bulk Mail" and "Hotmail Saved".

Whenever I log in to OE it downloads all emails for all my email addresses.

When I try to do that (on my friends Hotmail account) using Tools, Accounts, Add, Mail, and insert all the details I get a window prompt "Would you like to download the folders etc..." I click on Yes. It starts and then comes up with "An unknown error has ocurred" It doesn't say what this unknown error is. All I get is an "OK".

VoG II 16:50 22 Oct 05

That's because you can no longer use OE to read newly set-up Hotmail accounts click here

octal 17:09 22 Oct 05

As VoG™ says you can't use Outlook Express anymore on new accounts. Having said that you can use this application called FreePOPs click here which will allow you to use any web based email system on OE including Hotmail.

pj123 17:10 22 Oct 05

VoG™. Thanks. So stay away from Hotmail then?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…