What is WORM Software

wee eddie 16:36 14 Apr 04

"Write Once Read Many"

The Home Office tell me that this is the only suitable type of software to use, whilst scanning my future Employees Compliance Documentation related to their ability to work in Britain.

p.s. a CD is "Write once Read Many" but that is hardware.

anon1 17:53 14 Apr 04

click here
a simple google search

anon1 17:57 14 Apr 04

and this click here

wee eddie 19:24 14 Apr 04

The Home Office appear to believe that there is such software, usable with a Scanner, that has these properties.

Acrobat could be said to do the job, but only if you password protect the file. So that is not what they were referring to.

All employers will have received this enlightening white leaflet, which explains the information that is required to be, held, photocopied or scanned, on each and every employee, on the employment of illegal immigrants.

VoG II 19:37 14 Apr 04

Tried phoning the helpline? click here

wee eddie 11:44 15 Apr 04

I even rang the help line to find out, but they were unable to help.

They rang back later and were still unable to tell me the name of any WORM Software available on the open market.

The reason for this query is that I have a scanner and, even though I have run this business for 24 years, have never had a, more than occasional requirement, for a photo copier.

wee eddie 07:10 18 Apr 04

I assume that this software is a figment of the Home Office's imagination.

I am sure that the Bureaucrats that run our lives are rational human beings when they leave their offices. I just wonder what happens when they enter the hallowed portals of their department?

john-232317 07:43 18 Apr 04

Like worms down holes i reckon wee eddie...;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…