What Wireless Router ?

VideoSentry 29 May 12

I would like to have a router that ( apart from the usual WI/FI ) I can connect a portable HDD to which would be accessable both from the WI-FI and via Internet. The plan being that my family can store files that would be available wherever we are.

Would the TP-Link TL-WR1043ND do the job ? The price seems good but I am unsure if I can connect to an attached HDD from the web.

Thanks

SANAP 30 May 12

yes you can but have you looked at reviews for this router, its tricky to set up, go their website and see support, it tells you how to set remote access.

sanap

wmary10 22 Jun 12

Things like this needs you to first check online and read reviews relating to this kind. Please try it and see if it works and let us know. Good luck.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message