what wireless card would i need for a Zoostorm 7877-0300 Desktop PC

weemacs 14:46 PM 14 Feb 13

what wireless card would i need for a Zoostorm 7877-0300 Desktop PC. I have just bought this and it has no wireless card. Windows 7 pro. Am using a netgear dongle at moment. Thanks

retep888™ 16:01 PM 14 Feb 13

Click">http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/214/G7MAPCIslots.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.legitreviews.com/article/214/4/&h=335&w=500&sz=61&tbnid=VOjjj1-2zC4l_M:&tbnh=91&tbnw=136&prev=/search?q=pci-e%2bslot%2bimage&tbm=isch&tbo=u&zoom=1&q=pci-e%20slot%20image&usg=__2KnF9YHX4A4z0fESAqnz9LoDl_Q=&docid=xC2pEzfM_IqneM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=TgcdUaCwO4bC0QXMhYCoCw&ved=0CEwQ9QEwCA&dur=574">Click here for PCI slot image, those 2 long & white slots are PCI while the short & yellow slot is PCI-e.

You should have 1 PCI & 1 PCI-e slots in your desktop, click here for wireless PCI & click here for wireless PCI-e cards. There isn't much difference in performance but the PCI-e is newer technology.

retep888™ 16:04 PM 14 Feb 13

click here for the messed up google link, scroll down a bit to get the image.

Woolwell 16:24 PM 14 Feb 13

Why not continue to use the dongle?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:38 PM 14 Feb 13

Will you invalidate the warranty by opening it as its a new machine?

Ian in Northampton 19:05 PM 14 Feb 13

Woolwell's is a good question. I've only ever used £5 dongles off eBay and, while it's a somewhat inelegant solution, it has the virtue of being highly portable (e.g. if I need to get another machine online quickly for testing or whatever). I've had one - out of several - die on me, which is what I'd expect for £5 a pop. The trick, I believe, is to make sure when you install the software that you only install the driver, not the management software - let Windows manage it, as it seems to be much more reliable in terms of coming on automatically at start-up etc.

nickf 22:25 PM 14 Feb 13

Why not just use the LAN port as it is a desktop

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites