What webhosting package to use??

Dragonfly2 11:31 06 Nov 08

I organise the website for a small social club, and I am looking for a new website hosting company. I'm interested in:

- Free or fairly low cost
- Good variety of templates
- Easy to use
- Good help and advice, preferably by phone

All ideas would be welcome, please, as I keep reading horrendous things about some website hosting companies.

DieSse 13:46 06 Nov 08

Awardspace do a free package - no ads, no pop-ups, and a decent service.

click here

Templates you can pick up all over the web - just google. It all depends on how you plan to construct the site. Some WYSIWYG packages have templates included.

I use Web Easy Pro for simple sites. For an example of one created by WE7 and hosted free on Awardspace

click here

Dragonfly2 14:05 06 Nov 08

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm looking for website hosting with easy to use templates included in the package, and I'm just after some new ideas.

I don't want to have to construct the site - actually, I'm not sure what that involves. I just want a good variety of templates and colour schemes to select from, provided by the website hosting company.

All advice will still be very welcome please!

DieSse 00:09 08 Nov 08

Constructing a site can be as simple as using software like DTP software - where you just put text and pictures on a page and arrange them in a pleasing design.

You're always going to have to do that much (ie enter your own text and pictures), even if you use a template as the outline design.

The kind of thing you may be looking for is an all-in-one solution like this, perhaps

click here

click here

or google for on-line website builders and you'll get lots.

DieSse 00:17 08 Nov 08

If you start with a very easy to use website construction package, such as Web asy - there's lots of templates, you can just type in your own text and pictures to them.

It will also transfer the finished site to your host, which could be free, like Awardspace - and that's it.

Here's another "all-in-one" solution

click here

But with ALL all-in-one solutions you have to pay for monthly hosting.

With a werbEasy soluyion, you currently pay only $30 once off, for the software - then if you use free hosting, that's it.

DieSse 00:18 08 Nov 08

Sorry about all the typos - it's late here!

dj hell 22:22 08 Nov 08

000webhost.com - click here

/End of discussion

:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced