What is "Watchdog" component???

Sabi 13:29 08 Jun 08

Hi;

Sometimes when I switch on my PC a little pop up on the bottom left corner comes up showing;

Components state
Connected to Watchdog

Does anyone know what it is???

Many thanks

Sabi

I use windows XP, AVG 8 (full version), Ad-Aware 2007, AOL 9VR

Stuartli 13:58 08 Jun 08

Do you have some form of components monitoring test (such as for a hard drive)?

If so it could be linked to something on these lines:

click here

click here

However....

click here

Stuartli 13:59 08 Jun 08

I use DriveSmart to check out my hard drive, which uses the SMART technology.

Sabi 14:28 08 Jun 08

Thanks for your reply stuartli;

I had the computer from a distant friend who cleaned up before giving it to me. The PC is an old Dell computer and has one C drive. I don't have any external hard drive either.
I checked in Add/Remove programs to see if anything strange showing which wasn't. All I know is; since I installed AVG 8 software in, the "watchdog" pop up started to appear!!!

Unfortunately I am not a computer expert :-( but I will be grateful if you or anyone else could guide me some guidance for how to suss this issue out!!.

Many thanks

Sabi

Stuartli 14:49 08 Jun 08

See the 12.50am posting on 5/3/08 in this link:

click here

Stuartli 14:50 08 Jun 08

Also:

click here

Sabi 16:47 08 Jun 08

Thanks again Stuartli;

I can understand if the free version of AVG 8 have problems but I mine is a full version which I paid good money for it :-(

Very disappointed as I have to put up with the software is for the next 2 years!!!

Sabi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…