What wage can i expect if i acheive an mcse

danny0001uk 15:00 13 Jan 03
  danny0001uk 15:00 13 Jan 03

thanks

Sir Radfordin™ 15:02 13 Jan 03

Doing what job?

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:01 13 Jan 03

With many IT jobs legging it to India a rupee to sterling calculator would be most useful.

G

MAJ 16:17 13 Jan 03

Watching the news today, it might be a better idea if you studied to become a plumber. :-)

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:35 13 Jan 03

further to my reply to gcook.....ANY qualification is another arrow in the quiver and is therefore useful.
However, you will be at the bottom of the IT pile and in the section whose jobs are disappearing to India and all points East at a rapid rate. There are many people who are getting IT qualifications with fewer jobs on the market so you have to be excellent. BA recently relocated its IT centre to India with the loss of 300 jobs and I would imagine that many other companies are planning the same. As in all industries if you are at the top you are in great demand…if you are a Sun Systems engineer you will be travelling the world on mega-cash but these guys are extraordinarily good and get paid correspondingly.

Do a bit of research and see how many jobs are advertised for people with little experience but with an MCSE and then work out how many people will apply for the jobs and if they will be over-qualified. There is no harm in phoning companies to politely ask what their recruiting parameters are and o ask if an MCSE will help or whether higher qualifications are de rigueur.

This year is going to be grim for the job market and there are many people out there with computer qualifications. If you can afford it (time and money) then do the qualification as it will not harm your CV but be realistic about the chances of getting a job. I would be wary of the adverts for courses that ‘guarantee’ jobs.

You may find that wages are lower than one would expect due to the high number of applicants.

Bonne chance.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…