What is a VTS file and a IFO?

musopoet 16:40 17 Feb 09

Trying to load a VTS file - back up file of the IFO from a DVD into Moviemaker. Unfortunately can't perform this task. Tried to convert the files into wmf files but converter software says that files aren't supported.

I've lost the original avi file - I burnt it onto a DVD. How can I get this file to load into moviemaker or how can I convert it into a wmf file?

tullie 16:58 17 Feb 09

I believe that IFO is an infomation file,not video.

Technotiger 17:02 17 Feb 09

click here

VTS files are also Video related.

eedcam 18:49 17 Feb 09

use super to convert to avi then movie maker will accept it its free to ad your file just drag it on to it that is the vts file only
when the link opens click on use mirror download that will take you straight to the download
click here

musopoet 20:03 17 Feb 09

Downloaded Super. However, having trouble converting files. When I load them they contain VIDEO_TS\VTS_...VOB
&
VIDEO_TS\VTS_...BUP

As well as the IFO files

Receiving error messages!

Which ones do I try to convert?

musopoet 20:45 17 Feb 09

Managed to convert one of the files into an AVI file . However, when I tried to import into Windows Moviemaker received the following message:

The file C:\Program Files\eRightSoft\SUPER\OutPut\.......AVI cannot be imported because the codec required to play the file is not installed on your computer. If you have already tried to download and install the codec, close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and then try to import the file again.

MAJ 21:05 17 Feb 09

Try installing the K-LITE Codec Pack. click here

eedcam 21:24 17 Feb 09

Asaid re the codecs also you are only after the files numbered Vts 01.vob then 01.2vob and so forth you can tell by the size if the file which one the ones needed will be many megabytes upto app 1 G/byte

eedcam 21:25 17 Feb 09

Sorry vts 01 .1vob

musopoet 12:12 19 Feb 09

I visited the download page of K-Lite. It lists various Codec Packs including basic, standard and full. Which one is best for my needs?

Also what is a codec? Why is the necessary codec required not installed on my PC because Moviemaker is part of the Windows XP package.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…