//some 3rd party need geo

What version of Windows?

VoG II 20:24 05 Jul 03

How often do potential helpers have to ask this question?

Is there any chance that this could be hard coded along with "Please ensure that your thread title accurately describes your subject".

I know it won't work in all cases but it might help.

powerless 20:27 05 Jul 03

Every other post.

graham√ 21:01 05 Jul 03

I suppose in a perfect world we could have boxes to fill in, with 'version' being one of them. The 'subject title' box would have a filter that removed words like 'urgent' and 'help', along with '!!!!!!!' and 'aaaaarrrrgggghhhh'.

Any more box suggestions?

powerless 21:09 05 Jul 03

'.'

howard60 21:10 05 Jul 03

how about beginner - knows a bit - quite knowledagble - not as good as VOG or China etc.

soy 21:17 05 Jul 03

What about a user profile?

when a user signs up, they can set up a profile with details such as Processor, RAM, Windows etc.

When a post is made, potential helpers can simply click on the profile of that person to see their spec.

A similar thing works at Guru3D click here

rubella 21:32 05 Jul 03

perhaps a description of a green tick too for the hard of understanding

Andybear 21:46 05 Jul 03

How about 'If you have a query please check through previous threads before posting a new one'.

For example, I've lost count of the number of threads where people are asking how to disable Messenger - and that's just the last couple of weeks.

wee eddie 21:56 05 Jul 03

Some of us are cutting our teeth on the regurgitations of old threads.

After all, everyone has to start somewhere, and most of those threads have their own unique twist anyway.

woodchip 22:03 05 Jul 03

As Vog say's OS would make a big difference, and would be adequate to start with

VoG II 22:01 07 Jul 03

Well this post had the desired effect - not.

And no response from PCA - disappointed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…