What version Google Earth ?

Furkin 11:09 AM 25 Apr 11
Answered

Hi, When I had my machine rebuilt over Christmas, I put on Google Earth. The first thing I noticed is that when I zoom into places very close, the camera angle changes & I see a flat view across the earths surface. I don't like this, so if I zoomed out again. But it doesn't zoom out to where you were, but backs along a similar trajectory across the ground.

I have just looked on it for details to show you and it looks like a beta version. Google Earth 6.0.1.2032 (beta) Build Date 12/10/2010

1/ Can I still get the old version (don’t know the name/number). 2/ Am I using this version wrong ? 3/ Is this still in beta mode ?

I can't seem to load Street Views either.

thanks

Woolwell 12:50 PM 25 Apr 11
Answer

If you continue to scroll/zoom in it will automatically enter street view. You can also enter street view by dragging the pegman on the zoom bar to the spot you want to see. Personally I rarely use Google Earth as I find that Google Maps is just as good and you don't need a separate program.

Furkin 23:54 PM 25 Apr 11

Thanks for that WW. That does seem to work - in a fashion. It dosn't seem to zoom in/out as well as it used to.

Maybe this will be ironed out before this beta version becomes fixed.

PS: I'm now getting Notifications of Replies again after several years.

thanks again.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…