What type of hosting do I need?

fermerboy 23:40 06 Mar 05

Hi all
I'm a complete novice at this web design game. So far I've started writing a simple site with Front page on my computer, and I already own a domain so that I could get a cool e-mail address. What I want to know what is a MS server and a Linux server and whats the practical difference? I understand that I will have to buy hosting if the site is for business rather than using free hosting with my ISP. Can I have more than one site on a hosting package too? They all seem to be 750mb or 800mb, I can't see the site being more than a few Mb's so would like to share the hosting with my brother in law. Is all this too ambitious?? I can handle the computer ok but all this server stuff just freaks me a bit. Is there any good simple guides?
Thanks
Fermerboy

Dchar23 14:48 07 Mar 05

What will you be using the web space for, My website is hosted by Lycos and it isnt very expensive. I get 100mb's or something like that which is way more than I need at the moment.

Anyway check them out.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 21:32 07 Mar 05

click here

You can have 5 sites Hosted

500mb disk space,6gigabytes bandwidth.

I think there very good just started out my site recently.

click here

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 21:33 07 Mar 05

only £20 a year!

fermerboy 01:00 08 Mar 05

Thanks for that info.
Been busy tonight, will have a look at some hosting in detail soon.

Forum Editor 01:24 08 Mar 05

on a hosting package - I have packages with as many as twenty sites uploaded.

The additional domain names are parked with the same web host and simply redirected to the domain name which sits in the hosting package.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac