//some 3rd party need geo

What is tvdumpflags?

The Belarussian Mafia 13:47 14 Feb 05

At startup I get a message saying C:\> Set tvdumpflags=10 . No idea what it refers to. Recently I got a nasty error message, which had to be sorted using Norton SystemWorks Disk Doctor:

The following files have allocation errors:

windows\Internet Logs\tvDebug.log

I was wondering whether this might be some old spyware that's been on the system for ages, which I could happily get rid of?

curlylad 14:17 14 Feb 05

What o/s ?

Do you have Zone Alarm ?

VoG II 17:02 14 Feb 05

Something to do with Zone Alarm.

VoG II 17:05 14 Feb 05
  curlylad 17:10 14 Feb 05

It is the True Vector Utility of Zone Alarm , When Zone Alarm crashes it is used by the tvdebug file for collecting info so that if Zone Labs needs the file to help troubleshooting , the info is there.If you have file allocation errors they may again be linked to this , I would try an update on your Zone Alarm , see if that helps.

Peter 17:13 14 Feb 05

The line Set tvdumpflags=10 was added to my Autoexec.bat file each time I updated ZoneAlarm recently to versions 5.5.062.004 & 5.5.062.011.

You may also notice that you now have an Autoexec.001 and possibly Autoexec.002 file(s), which are the original Autoexec.bat file before the additional line. I have restored my Autoexec.bat file back to the way it was before two tvdumpflags=10 lines were added and ZoneAlarm seems to be working okay.

Peter.

The Belarussian Mafia 17:46 14 Feb 05

Thanks everyone - Win 98 with Zone Alarm running. It must have appeared during the update, as Peter said. Obviously nothing to worry about!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…