what is thermo-inkjet

Qmar 23:27 14 Oct 03

for example-.. please advise if you have used one.

click here

woodchip 23:32 14 Oct 03

It's expensive, does that answer your question it's a Lexmark you cannot get compatible carts for it. Only original's

Qmar 23:43 14 Oct 03

o.k.--- is the printed page smudgable by damp?
i.e. is the ink watersoluble as with normal inkjet ink?.

woodchip 23:48 14 Oct 03

No I think it is better than ordinary ink, but a cheap laser is better for text it is water proof

Jack D 23:48 14 Oct 03

Expect to pay at least £20 (30 Euros) for a colour cartridge which holds about 5 ml per colour. Lexmark makes its money out of cartridges, not printers.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:50 14 Oct 03

The cartridges seem to be virtually impossible to get hold of in the UK.

G

Jack D 23:50 14 Oct 03

P.S. that's if you can find a stockist of this, pretty elusive, cartridge.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:54 14 Oct 03

forgot...may I quote from the HP crew.....'Thermal inkjet printers use heat to generate vapor bubbles, ejecting small drops of ink through nozzles and placing them precisely on a surface to form text or images. Its advantages are small drop sizes, high printhead operating frequency, excellent system reliability and highly controlled ink drop placement. Integrated electronics mean fewer electrical connections, faster operation and higher color resolution. Originally developed for desktop printers, thermal inkjet is designed to be inexpensive, quiet and easy to use.' and click here

G

Jack D 00:09 15 Oct 03

P.P.S. It don't take a genius to work out that even if the cartridge has four colours you are paying £1,000 per litre. How much was the printer? They should give it away free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…