What is a sub domain

Bass99 20:30 29 Mar 06

Possibly to basic a question, but only if you know the answer.

Where can I get a overview of web site making, not the nuts & bolts of making the site, but something that explains what can be expected, and how it all links together. With a few examples of how a site works, what the terms mean. Even what are the formats for clipart?

I have my own domain via Freeparking, a web site made via Word & Excell, and uploaded by Cute FTP to Web Mania. It was luck it got there, but this is just a mind expanding hobby, my man & wife firm does not really need a web site.

Thank you for any nudges in the right direction

Forum Editor 23:32 29 Mar 06

that supplied chauffeur-driven cars on the one hand, and self-drive rental vehicles on the other. Both businesses are separate, but associated.

You could have one website with say a domain name like cars.com and then create separate websites within the main site - the correct addressing protocol after the www part would be: chauffeur.cars.com and rental.cars.com - each accessible via links from the main site, or by typing a separate address into a browser. What you would be doing is using sub-domains. The sub-domains would be totally distinct sites, with separate index pages, navigation systems, etc., but wouldn't be hosted separately, on their own domains.

barryoneoff.co.uk 11:28 30 Mar 06

is that you don't have to pay for them once your main domain is paid for.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced