What is Spool 32 error?

grussell 18:37 13 May 04

Sometimes (not always) when i start my computer up as soon as it shows the desktop an error message is shown saying "Spool 32 - This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down". I have to click on close, this error does not affect the computer. Can anyone tell me why this is happening. I am running Windows 98.

MichelleC 18:48 13 May 04

This is a printer spool error which occurs if a print job hasn't completed. If you open printer panel and delete the stacked jobs waiting for printing this usually clears it. You may have to troubleshoot to see why jobs hadn't cleared.

citadel 18:49 13 May 04

I used to get this, it was caused by my epson printer, I got no reply when contacting epson. The problem cleared up by itself, I don't know how, maybe a windows update fixed it.

S5W 19:23 13 May 04

It may be the same problem that I used to get if I stacked up a load of documents for printing before switching on my printer (HP). I now switch on printer and computer at the same time and the problem has not recurred, don't ask me why.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…