what speakers?

MATTAD 10:55 03 Nov 03

hello,
could anyone help.
i have got a sound blaster 5.1 sound card and would like some advice on the best speakers for under ?60.
thankyou

leo49 11:01 03 Nov 03

Just bought these Videologic 550's- good sound and value for money[?52 from Eclipse computers]

click here

obbit 11:43 03 Nov 03

i have the 5.1 5300 sound blaster speakers. cost me ?55. they are very good.

Tenner 15:39 03 Nov 03

try click here their prices seem OK, very helpful by email

go thro 'Shop', scroll down to bottom of page for 'speakers'

regards

Stuartli 16:25 03 Nov 03

It's not just a case of what are the best speakers.

The quality of the soundcard plays an imporant role (the SoundBlaster is OK), but most important is how they sound to you.

You might like one pair of quite inexpensive speakers and be underwhelmed by an expensive alternative.

An inexpensive speaker setup backed by a good soundcard will always sound better than expensive varieties with a ?5 onboard sound chip - it's the same prinicple as hi-fi speakers needing a quality signal to perform at their best.

Some outlets (Staples for example in my area) have around a dozen speaker systems set up in a comparison area and you are able to switch from speaker set to speaker set; the differences in quality of sound is remarkable.

If it's just for games it's not too important, but for audio you need to take along some music on CD with which you are familiar and compare the various speaker setups for yourself.

My son recently bought some Logitech 5.1 speakers (cost was nearly ?300) that are quite superb, but he does have a high grade system with a top class soundcard...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…