What sound card?

allwillobey 20:21 03 Feb 03

I am very soon about to buy the videologic zxr 500 speaker system, and want a decent sound card to go with it. because frankly the on board sound on my msi nforce2 k7n2 motherboard isnt all that special. so im looking at a max of about £60 what decent 5.1 cards can i get for this.
i am using win xp if this helps.

thanks in advance.

Lú-tzé 20:58 03 Feb 03

Go for the soundblaster live - a bit dated but the best you will get for your money unless you are lucky enough to get the Audigy one for that price.

IF you are near a Morgans shop, you can get the zxcr 500 for about £45 - a bargain and maybe you will be able to afford a bit more on the soundcard.

Lú-tzé 20:59 03 Feb 03

Go for the soundblaster live - a bit dated but the best you will get for your money unless you are lucky enough to get the Audigy one for that price.

IF you are near a Morgans shop, you can get the zxcr 500 for about £45 - a bargain and maybe you will be able to afford a bit more on the soundcard.

Lú-tzé 21:02 03 Feb 03

click here for the audigy for £46! Excellent value.

goonerbill 21:06 03 Feb 03

go for the audigy. have 1 with the speakers you want to get and the sound is great. komplett conputers have audigy for around £55 inc. p&p (cheapest around) click here

allwillobey 21:18 03 Feb 03

ill have a look for that sound blaster card, and i may be avle to strech my funds to an audigy if they are not too expensive. the sound blaster looks to only be about £30, so i think that i may be able to make my money strech a bit more as i have found an audigy here click here
are there any compatibility issues with this card and xp?

allwillobey 21:24 03 Feb 03

oh looks like i was a bit slow with the posting, thanks a lot for your advice chaps.
where are morgans shops situated?
i havent seen any around, i live in wiltshire are there any near here? because the cheapest ive seen the zxr 500's for is about £60 online at savastore.com

allwillobey 21:25 03 Feb 03

and lu-tze would that be lu tze as in terry pratchett?

Lú-tzé 22:19 03 Feb 03

click here for morgan. But with added delivery, of about £12 it is not so good - unless you want a trip to London.

Go with the Audigy and the zxr speakers - excellent combination.

goonerbill 22:25 03 Feb 03

am using my audigy with zxr-500 in winxp using the drivers from the cd-rom ( still ain't got round to downloading latest drivers but as they say, if it ain't broke dont fix it) and have had no problems of any sort

goonerbill 22:33 03 Feb 03

your nearest morgan store will be manchester or birmingham. check site for maps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…