KERRO01 23:30 24 Apr 06

hi all. i was looking at this sound card and i really want it so bad. click here

how do i know if it will fit in to my pc??

johnnyrocker 23:33 24 Apr 06

i have the audigy 2 (prob a bit old now lol) can highly recommend, specs must be available somewhere.what sort of machine do you have?

GaT7 23:35 24 Apr 06

how do i know if it will fit in to my pc??

System requirements: click here. G

KERRO01 23:43 24 Apr 06

intel pentium 4 cpu 2.80 ghz
512 ram

how do i know what kind of mother board i have?
am sorry but am new to all this........

GaT7 23:45 24 Apr 06

Probably cheapest at £69.97 with free delivery from click here.

Make sure you've got adequate speakers as well to get the max effects & best sound quality.

johnny, I've got the Audigy 2 as well ; ) G

GaT7 23:47 24 Apr 06

Yes, you should be fine - just check if your PC has a spare PCI slot. G

KERRO01 23:50 24 Apr 06

is that the thing that you would also plug a network card in to. oh and what do i do with my old sound. its built in i think?

GaT7 23:52 24 Apr 06

You'll have to open the case & have a look if your motherboard has a spare PCI slot - see click here. Shut down PC & unplug power cord before opening the case. G

GaT7 23:54 24 Apr 06

is that the thing that you would also plug a network card in to - YES

You'll just need to disable onboard sound in the BIOS. G

KERRO01 00:00 25 Apr 06

thankyou very much for your help crossbow7 you have been very helpfull. when i buy the sound card i will get back to you so i can do the BIOS thing. if thats ok. regards!!!

GaT7 00:15 25 Apr 06

Yes, no problem, though I may not be around when you return. This shouldn't be a problem as there are many on here who are very capable to continue to help you with this : )

May I suggest to download, install & run the free Everest (click here) to determmine your motherboard make+model & BIOS version. Then post this info when the soundcard arrives - this will make it easier for others to help you with disabling onboard sound. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…