What software for webpage creation?

Sibbo 22:26 22 Feb 03

Are there any free/user friendly software downloads that you can use for creating a website?

Pesala 22:35 22 Feb 03

This one is free: click here

I use NetObjectsFusion 2.02 which came free on a Magazine cover Disk. It is out of date now, but very user-friendly. Just like DTP and no HTML coding necessary. Trial version 7 is available but is 49 Mbyte download.

Pumas 22:50 22 Feb 03

click here and try WebPlus 6

Pumas

Taran 23:31 22 Feb 03

If you have a fast web connection available to you there are lots of program trial options.

Macromedia offer the market leading Dreamweaver as a trial download, as well as other products in their web/image/animation range. Similarly, CoffeeCup HTML Editor and Namo Web Editor are both available as trials, at the penalty of some quite hefty downloads. You can get a lot done in 30 days, but if you are just starting out in web design, by the time the trial times out you will only just be getting to grips with things.

The excellent Ace HTML 5 is free, from Vision Media Inc. at click here

If you go to click here and search for HTML Editors, then filter the search to include only Free license software, you'll get quite a selection of alternatives, including the aforementioned Ace HTML 5.

As suggested above by Pesala, Arachnophilia is free (I use it myself) but I'd go for version 4 if you can find it. Version 5 is an excellent program, but it requires a large Java download to allow the program to run and it is a programmers/coders editor. It can also be tricky to configure it to use your browser if you aren't familiar with the process.

You'll have to go a long way to find anything better than Ace HTML 5 if you want a free solution that doesn't time out. It supports all the bells and whistles you might like to play with (CSS, JavaScript, DHTML etc), it has an excellent code checker and it's only 3.33MB to download. Quite frankly, I'm amazed it's free at all.

Magazine covermount Cd's are a good source of year or two old programs and you often find web editors included along with the more usual image editing and utility programs.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Taran

Taran 23:55 22 Feb 03

I forgot to mention that if you install the Netscape web browser it comes with Communicator, which includes Composer, an HTML editor capable of quite sophisticated web page creation and editing.

The old "like it or loath it" standby FrontPage Express that used to ship with Internet Explorer version 5 and under is also available if you run Widows 98 on your computer. Click on Start, Programs, Accessories, Internet Tools and then click FrontPage Express. You can even extract it from IE5 or under and install and use it. It might not be everyone's cup of tea but it does the job. For more details click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…