What Software do I need?

idas 12:14 01 Aug 14
Answered

Hi I am after some software. It needs to be able to have folders where I have my clients in, where i can book jobs in, create job tickets, save all previous job tickets, upload pics of the jobs, create quotes, and hopefully link to my Sage Accounts 50 software. I've used one at a previous job but think it was written for them. I really don't know where to start!!! Thanks Guys

Ian in Northampton 12:43 01 Aug 14

What line of business are you in? You could perhaps contact the relevant trade association to see if they recommend - or know of - anything. The chances are, others in your line of business have similar needs.

Woolwell 15:49 01 Aug 14

Sage tends to work with Sage. Have you looked at the other Sage products? Snag is that it could be quite expensive.

idas 10:49 05 Aug 14

My problem is I dont really know what I am looking for unless I see it. I spoke to someone at Sage and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Woolwell 11:08 05 Aug 14

You need to be careful as there are expensive bespoke solutions out there. I doubt that what you want is cheap. Talk to other businesses in your area and find out who they use for IT support. Perhaps contact your bank, accountant or local Chamber of Commerce. Suggest that you need a consultant who can analyse your business, discuss with you your requirements and come up with a solution. It will cost though but should be worthwhile in the long run.

spuds 13:18 05 Aug 14

I seem to get the impression that you are seeking a very comprehensive business pack, which isn't going to come very cheap.

Woolwell as made some valid suggestions, that might be worth following up, but I find that the likes of Chamber of Commerce are now merging with other Chamber of Commerce. My own local well established Chamber of Commerce recently closed with the merger of two other similar outlets from other counties.

I would suggest that you contact your local university or college who might have a business section training future hopefulls on business administration and practises, or alternatively the Federation of Small Business's to see if they can help. FSB click here

idas 10:30 15 Aug 14

I have asked a couple of "friends" within the same industry and all are VERY wary of sharing this kind if information :-(

spuds 10:38 15 Aug 14

"I have asked a couple of "friends" within the same industry and all are VERY wary of sharing this kind if information :-("

Sharing what information?.

There's a number of suggestions already been made, have you tried any of those. Perhaps even a chat at your local library or college with IT skills might have some suggestions?.

Woolwell 12:36 15 Aug 14
Answer

I don't understand why they are wary of sharing who their IT support providers are. It may mean business for them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017