what is s.m.a.r.t

bigface 17:54 20 Oct 05

on the black screen that comes up as soon as i switch the computer on one bit says s.m.a.r.t disabled. what is it` should i enable it and how

DieSse 18:17 20 Oct 05

click here good page, includes explanation at the bottom, and a link for more.

Yes. you should enable it - the setting is in the BIOS.

bigface 19:15 20 Oct 05

saw smart page your right but how do i get into the bios menu

DieSse 19:23 20 Oct 05

When your system starts up - and (hopefully) is displaying the bit where you get white text on a black screen - then normally you would (repeatedly) hit the Del key - this then enters the BIOS and gives you several text screens with many settings for your asyatem in it. The instructions for moving among the screens, and how to change settings, and how to save the changes, etc - will be on the screen along with the settings.

Sometimes you don't see the initial text screens, but instad a manufactureres log - if so try the Esc or Tab key first.

Sometimes the key to enter the BIOS is not the Del key - wich key it is is also shown on the screen.

If you have a manual for the motherboard in your system, it will almost certainly have instructions on how to enter and change the BIOS.

DieSse 19:24 20 Oct 05

manufacturers logo NOT manufactureres log

bigface 19:38 20 Oct 05

cheers thanks for taking the time to answer my question im gona try ty

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…