what should i set my virtual memory as

SumKindaMonster 20:21 05 Feb 04

i have 544mb pc133 sdram i was wondering what i should set my page file to for optimum performance.

my operating system is winxp pro
processor: amd athlon xp 2100+ (OC)
geforce 4 ti4200 64mb ddr

hope thats enough infor for you.

oh yeah i mainly use my system for internet and gaming.

The Nuclear Boy Scout 20:23 05 Feb 04

Personally, I'd leave the virtual memory as it is. XP alters VM itself to suit your system demands.

From the help files :

'For best performance, do not set the initial size to less than the minimum recommended size under Total paging file size for all drives. The recommended size is equivalent to 1.5 times the amount of RAM on your system. Usually, you should leave the paging file at its recommended size, although you might increase its size if you routinely use programs that require a lot of memory. '

goonerbill 20:34 05 Feb 04

a number of sites and articals in mags suggest minimun setting of 2x ram installed and maximum of 5x ram installed.

have my pc set to this and have no probs.

Quiller. 20:38 05 Feb 04

If you have no problems with memory, then they might be no point in altering it. I do mine just as a matter of course, always have and never have a problem.

click here

feb 20:45 05 Feb 04

ME has a problem with VM when using more than 512MB RAM but as far as I know it's not a problem with other OS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…