What should i put on a utilities disk?

futurekid 14:27 07 Oct 06

Hi, a lot of the time i have prolems with computers so i sort them out, Thats why i make a cd with all of the software that i need, ie flash player ie 6 etc

I have all of the following at the moment
Internet Explorer 6
Google toolbar
AVG Free
Adobe reader
Winzip
MSN Messenger

Now i want to fill the cd up. so can anyone make any suggestions onb what else to put on it

I am running windows 2000

Totally-braindead 14:30 07 Oct 06

Zone Alarms firewall, ccleaner, adaware, spybot, avast anti virus as well for a start.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:42 07 Oct 06

The above plus Flashplayer, shockwave, nero

Diodorus Siculus 14:44 07 Oct 06

Win2k SP4

jimv7 14:49 07 Oct 06

Endless list with 700mb to fill,

ie fix

autoplay fix

winsock fix

nero clean tools

cwshredder

edwido

stinger

autostreamer

foxitreader instead of adobe reader

just to name a few,

Stuartli 16:09 07 Oct 06

I have several such CD-R disks and it's difficult to fill a 700MB disk even in multisession form; I now use a 256MB Secure Digital card and a memory card reader/writer.

However, the main problem with disks is that they very quickly become outdated as new versions become available of the programs, utilities etc...:-)

pj123 16:28 07 Oct 06

Doesn't seem any point to me to save free utilities like: antivirus, antispyware etc. They are updated regularly and if you just happen to lose/delete one it can always be downloaded again.

As for other "utilities" most PC Magazines with cover disks generally put lots of utilities on the disk every issue.

DieSse 16:51 07 Oct 06

Winzip is not freeware (neither is Nero!). With all programs, including freeware, you should take care that you have permission should you wish to distribute them yourself. This may seem a little "over the top" but it's meant in a friendly way to protect you.

Personally I prefer AlZip to WinZip as this is free and more comprehensive. click here

Other programs for your CD - Firefox and Thunderbird, Xcopy, XXClone

Note - You will need two versions of Adobe Reader - the latest version only runs on XP (and possibly ME)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…