What a shame. Can't copy VHS 3 hour tape to DVD

pj123 15:56 14 Aug 05

Using my Liteon standalone DVD recorder I have the choice of 2, 4 or 6 hour recording. I am transferring all my Beta/VHS tapes to DVD.

Unfortunately, I can't edit the DVD if I use the Liteon. I just tried to capture a 3 hour VHS tape on my PC using Sonic MyDVD and all I can get is 2 hours 48 minutes. This cuts off the last 10 minutes of the tape. Having already copied it using the Liteon set at 4 hours which gets it all on a 4.7gb DVD why can't Sonic do it.

stalion 16:16 14 Aug 05

have a look here there is a lot included in this package click here

VideoSentry 16:26 14 Aug 05

One for Me
Thanks

pj123 16:35 14 Aug 05

crx1600, thanks for that. I have already tried that but it is dropping too many frames which makes the resulting DVD useless.

pj123 16:49 14 Aug 05

Also just noticed on playback the sound sync is a good 4 seconds out, and I thought Pinnacle sound sync was bad at 2 seconds.

pj123 13:17 15 Aug 05

Just tried Nero again with the same results.

Looks like it will have to be the Liteon and copy them as they are. The only editing facility I can see on the Liteon is the "Pause" button, but you have to know when to use it which means playing the tape through first and making notes.

Thanks everyone for all the input. I will tick this thread now.

Philwane 13:58 15 Aug 05

I also use a Liteon recorder for copying my vhs tapes and have no trouble recording 3 hour tapes you need a specific Firmware update which can be had from here click here
plus many tips and tricks for your DVD Recorder

You have to register at the site to use the forum

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…